A technologically advanced, stabilised chlorine dioxide formulation used as a broad spectrum biocide.
Bioxx is used as a:
- Biofilm remover
TYPICAL USES IN THE HORTICULTURAL/AGRICULTURAL INDUSTRIES
- Soil Sterilization: Treatment against root pathogens, for example, Phytophthora, Fusarium, Erwinia, Rhizoctonia, Thielaviopsis, Nematodes & Bacterial Infections.
- Planting of Cuttings and Seedlings: Apply soil drench then plant cuttings and seedlings or drench over seedlings/cuttings.
- Foliar Spray: Treatment against Powdery and Downy Mildew, Botrytis, Rust, Leaf Spot (Fungal or Bacterial), Agrobacterium (Crown Gall), Ascochyta, Red Spider Mites and White Fly.
- Biofilm Removal in Dripper Systems + Water Lines: Bioxx 5000, ClO2 is a true gas (like oxygen) and stays as chlorine dioxide gas even when in water. Because it is a dissolved gas, it can penetrate the slime layer protecting the bacteria in a biofilm. Because it is a powerful oxidiser, it 'dissolves' the slime layer and kills the exposed bacteria.
- Misting Systems: Controls spores and drops infection rates of powdery or downy mildews, destroys spores of Botrytis, destroys airborne viruses, controls biofilms within the misting system and prevents bio-fouling of the nozzles.
- Cut Flower Production: Use 20mls Bioxx 5000 per 10 litres of water in the field harvesting buckets (0.2%).
- Treatment of Algae on Wet Walls: For shock treatment, use 1 to 2 litres Bioxx 5000 per 100 litres of water (1 to 2% solution); for preventative maintenance, use 3 to 5 litres per 1,000 litres of water (0.3 to 0.5% soln.) weekly.
- Hard Surface Sanitization: For floors, walls, working surfaces, pots and implements, use 2 litres Bioxx 5000 per 100 litres of water (2%).
- Nursery Water Treatment: For shock treatment, use 4 litres Bioxx 5000 per 1,000 litres of water (0.4%); for maintenance, use 500 millilitres to 1 litre Bioxx 5000 per 1,000 litres of water (0.05 to 0.1%).
- Hydroponics: For shock treatment, use 4 litres Bioxx 5000 per 1,000 litres of water (0.4%); for maintenance, use 2 litres Bioxx 5000 per 1,000 litres of water (0.2%).
- Sanitizer for Growing Medium, for example, perlite, vermiculite & peat: Use 1 to 2 litres Bioxx 5000 per 100 litres of water (1 to 2%).
- Surface Sterilization of Bulbs, Corms and Seeds: Prior to storage, use 4 litres Bioxx 5000 per 1,000 litres of water (0.4%).
- Post-harvest Rinsing of Prepared Produce, for example, vegetables & salads: Use 2 litres Bioxx 5000 per 1,000 litres of water (0.2%).